Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Beijing Olympic Opening Nice Shot Collection @3@

·

"Hey, I'm Chinese and I watched the Openning Ceremony last night. It surely was fantastic and impressive. But guess what, none of my friends who watched the ceremony thought this so-called unprecedented pageant really brought out the best of our civilization and we blamed ZhangYimou for that because he produced too many hollywoodized movies. Foreign friends should have been familiar with his MO already. In a word, he would not suprise the world.
Belive me, we have a lot more than the splashes of shapes and colors showcased in such a single occasion to offer you. And we welcome you, not only to Beijing, but to the resurgent China with proud and joy to share!"

~ Posted by Betty Chen~








"It was a ridiculously expensive, over-the-top show to stage-- but DAMN if it wasn't gorgeous. As beautiful as these pictures are, they really don't capture a lot of the motion and more importantly the spirit I felt when I was watching the games.

Watching the opening for the Olympic games in Beijing showed me a nation fiercely proud of its people and its history. The smiles on a lot of those performer's faces wasn't just for showmanship's sake. (The moving boxes thing was amazing, if only for the coordination involved.)

The only thing that made for headscratching was Sarah Brightman, at least for me."

~Posted by felicity~








0 comments: